Take a break from the regular routine with a stop at Hat Creek Burger Co., a local chain of family-friendly restaurants which serves up fresh, never frozen, all natural beef served on freshly baked buns. Originally a trailer, Hat Creek's first brick and mortar location is on Burnet Road. Every day, volunteers deliver 100 fresh cheeseburgers to those in need throughout the city through a partnership with Mobile Loaves & Fishes.
Hat Creek now has four locations in the Austin area:
- Round Rock location is located at 3700 E. Palm Valley Blvd (next to the R Bank at the Dell Diamond and conveniently located near Old Settlers Park and Rock N'River)
- original location is at 5400 Burnet Road
- the Westlake location is located at 5902 Bee Cave Road (enter on the 360 access ramp)
- the newest location in Georgetown at 201 San Gabriel Village Blvd.
We recently checked out the Georgetown location. We arrived at 11am and had the outside area entirely to ourselves. My son quickly reminded me that Hat Creek has his favorite burger, and I felt slightly less guilty about eating out (yet again) since I opted for the Grain Burger, made by local company Hot Dang.
Here are just a few of the reasons I like Hat Creek:
- Outdoor space for the kids.
- Friendly, fast service.
- Salads. Breakfast. Cherry limeade. Three homemade sauces to choose from.
- Tuesday night is Family Night, which means 1/2 price Big Hats and Little Hats from 5 pm to close.
- Craft beer! Beer is only a dollar every Thursday.
We all took turns going down the slide, and the kids spent a long time checking out a very cool lizard they saw on the grounds.
Even cooler: the trail behind the restaurant leads down to Blue Hole, a swimming hole I've been meaning to check out forever.
|Blue Hole, a popular swimming hole, is just behind the Hat Creek in Georgetown.|
Always good to leave something for next time!